Thursday, August 23, 2012

Inspired By #38

Not that I want to rush or anything but fall is just around the corner as is school start up for me so... I thought this would be a great inspiration photo.  Have to say though I do love fall so I am looking forward to it.

Inspiration options: apples, grid, colors, gingham, plaid, paper piecing, texture....

For my project I created a Back to School notebook for myself.  Always handy to have one just for jotting down ideas from staff meetings and such.  I have used a mixture of Jillibean Soup papers and elements (Grandma's Lima Bean, Winter Tortellini & Spinach, Soup Staples) and I cut the apple with my Cricut.  I have also used some May Arts Jute Twine and Printed Twill, don't you love that all of this is available at the Ribbon Carousel... including the collection pack - one stop shopping!  Finally, the small apple die that I used for the negative strip is from PTI and the tab die is from My Favorite Things.



I used Kimber's 2Peas sketch for the front of my notebook cover:


I can't wait to see what you do this week.



Rules for Playing:

Create a NEW project for this challenge.
Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like me to visit.
Please put a link on your post to this challenge.
Create a project with no more than 5 challenges including this challenge.
Feel free to use any crafting products you have!






7 comments:

Lesley said...

Adorable!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

A good one! Makes me want to make the pillow too ;>)
I always check out your inspirations, now just need to find time to play along!

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous Laurel, who wouldn't love this!

Rose said...

i love fall wish we had it 8 mos a year :)

super fun notebook girl :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Love it, Laurel!

Unknown said...

Love the photo...linen is so cozy! Your creation is so pretty. I love the layers.

Bananastamper said...

Fabulous inspiration photo - always love apples! Adorable notebook too, it will be soo fun to use!