Thursday, September 6, 2012

Inspired By #40

Well now I am back at it in the classroom.  I certainly did not get everything done in the summer as I had planned... when you are gone it is pretty hard to keep up around the house - oh well, a lot of fun was had.  Anyhow with the start of school, I am now ready for fall.  



How will this inspire you? strips of paper, tweed, texture, fall, the colors...

I went with the theme of fall and tried to pull the colors and texture of the inspiration photo.  I used the Autumn Afternoon Collection by Lori Whitlock, available at Jessica Sprague.  I also used some May Arts Woven Burlap ribbon, which was too 'neat' for me so I stretched it and made it more rough.  I also wrapped and tied some May Arts Jute twine.  The May Arts items are available at the Ribbon Carousel.  I used the sketch from My Sketch World, but I can not seem to find it to link to it.


It is the first challenge of the month so I have a prize up for grabs.  A few fall themed items from SEI and Maya Road.


There will also be a random winner this week as well and that person will win a $10 Gift Certificate from Jessica Sprague, so be sure to join in on the fun!

Rules for Playing:

Create a NEW project for this challenge.
Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like me to visit.
Please put a link on your post to this challenge.
Create a project with no more than 5 challenges including this challenge.
Feel free to use any crafting products you have!




8 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous inspiration photo and what a stunning card, Laurel! I love the fall banner, and love the rough look of the burlap trim and twine. The stitched leaves are really fabulous, too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeee the burlap, the twine and love love love the leaves!!!!!

wendipooh13 said...

fun card and sooo LOVE the inspo photo!!!!

~jan said...

What wonderful colors and textures to be inpsired by! Love your card - the perfect blend of both!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous fall creation Laurel! I love the rustic elements.

lauren bergold said...

another "inspired by" from me that soooooooo doesn't look like the photo, but i really REALLY like where it went, lol! :) (ps: as always, i reallllllllllly like where you went, too! that's a corker of a card, missus!) ♥

Rose said...

love your beautiful fall card :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I love the mesh strip and the layers...the sentiment banner and scalloped border...the dimension and those stitched veins on the leaves! I love everything about it!

There are so many beautiful projects already linked up! I don't envy you having to choose.