Thursday, December 27, 2012

Inspired By...#55

I am back with another inspiration challenge for you.  I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas with friends and family.  

Looking forward, New Year's Eve is coming up so I was inspired by this photo.

What can you do with this photo?  stars, strips, garland, colors, confetti...

I went with the feel and the stars of the photo. I mimicked the star garlands by sewing down some die cut stars and the negative die cut.  I saw a hint of blue in the photo so I also pulled that in.  I used my Fancy Pants The Good Life collection, along with some MFT Dies and the 'new year' was cut with my Silhouette.  

We are hosting a quiet family gathering with my parents and a couple of the girls' friends for New Years.  What will you be doing?

This is also for the Cameo Creations Challenge - New Years.
I can't wait to see what you create!

Rules for Playing:

Create a NEW project for this challenge.
Be sure to link your blog with a direct link to the post you would like me to visit.
Please put a link on your post to this challenge.
Create a project with no more than 5 challenges including this challenge.
Feel free to use any crafting products you have!



15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS!! LOVING the colors and all the stars!!!!!

1CardCreator said...

Great card, love the colors and papers too!

Lisa Norris said...

This is so pretty! I love the color combination! Thanks so much for joining us over at Cameo Creations! :)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

What an awesome project! I love all the layering of the elements. Thanks for linking over at the Cameo Creations Challenge!

Cassie said...

What a fabulous project! I love the colors you used! Thank you for joining us at Cameo Creations!

Marlena M. said...

I love the clock DP and the fabulous stars~awesome project Laurel! I don't have a New Years plan yet...we shall see~just coming back down from the hustle and bustle. Have a great New Years Party!

Shorty Creations said...

Fantastic project! Lovin' those colors and the fun way you used the thread. Thanks for joining us over at Cameo Creations =D

lots of love,
Ana Maria

Ceci V. said...

That's a cool card! I love the effect very much.

Thanks for joining the Cameo Creations Challenge!

Rose said...

awesome!!!! such a fun card :)

Mynn xx said...

Thank you for the AMAZING inspiration!!! This is just fabulous--and your card is gorgeous! Happy New Year! :)

Meredith said...

What a wonderful card, and lovely inspiration! TFS!

Kristy said...

Fabulous card! I love the colors you used! Thanks for playing along over at Cameo Creations!

Kristy

Cricut Critter said...

What a great card, love the design!! Thanks for joinning in on the fun at Cameo Creations Challenge

-Xochitl - CCC DT

GabyCreates.com said...

Love how your card came out out of that inspiration! thanks for joining us at Cameo Creations ~Gaby CCC DT

Candace said...

so pretty!! love that inspiration photo, too!!

thanks for playing with us at Cameo Creations!
Candace
www.scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com